Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Chiang Mai (Day 5)

It was cloudy. A tour guide with a private car was hired to visit the most famous temple in Chiang Mai. It was quite high up in a hill but I couldn't see too far away due to the fog.



The first stop was to have a brief breakfast. I ended up with 2 bowls of noodles. The fish ball one was ok. The chicken wings weren't too spectacular.



The 3 bananas costed 10 baht. I haven't tried it before. It's quite strange to have warm bananas.



Needed to walk up many steps in order to reach the temple.





From the temple:











I went to a restaurant by the river for lunch at around 12:40pm. It was very quiet.





There was a big table when I walked in. I thought they were having very serious lunch and nobody smiled.





I went back to the hotel to check out right after lunch. There was a 2+ hr break at the Bangkok International Airport. By the way, this is probably my last trip using this airport as there will be a new one coming very soon. The new one was very far away from the current one.

No comments: