Saturday, May 07, 2005

Days of being inquisitive

There are several questions on tea trading that I still have no answer yet. There is no urgency, however, and I enjoy the process of uncovering the riddles. For example, how to handle business control is a very interesting question. Apart from trust, what other measures owners can impose to ensure that the sales do not keep part or all of the profit.

Another question is about the wide range of price versus the wide range of quality. As a layman, I still cannot tell too much a difference among various grades. I can tell what I like or dislike but have no confidence on what is good versus great or bad.

This morning I went to a supermarket to see what stocks they have and the price range. I looked at different types of tea and different sizes & packaging. As the tea bags are sealed, there is no clue about what the tea leaves are like.

With the expectation that the quality won't be too good, I bought one pack each of pu er (HK$68/500g), long jing (HK$38/250g) and bie luo chun (same as long jing). The price of the latter two was so low that they can't be too good.

I tried the pu er at home. I could tell that it lacked the flavor I experienced. There's no weired or bad taste though.

It's the 3rd round:

No comments: