Sunday, May 15, 2005

Eros

As I decided not to go to Shenzhen, last night I arranged to watch the movie Eros at IFC this morning with Bird. There was a story before the movie started.

I was clever enough to ask to meet at 9:45am (show time 10:00am) which was earlier than required. I went to the ticket machine to get my tickets booked via Internet. It didn't work!!! It just displayed the message "Please wait..." I waited for a moment and tried again. It failed the same way. I asked one of their staff to look at the issue. Apparently some other people got the same problem.

I was the first one to be entertained and luckily I wrote down the confirmation number and seat numbers. The gal processes the request quite quickly. She WROTE me a ticket. I took the ticket to go in. The boy asked me for the ticket. I showed him. He was puzzled for a while. I just told him that it's ok and I just ran in. This is the first time I got a handwritten ticket on a blank sheet of paper.



For control purpose, I suggest the gal to stamp on each seat number. In theory, I can add as many seat numbers as I want!!!

Now back to the movie. Due to the fact that it's rated as Category 3, the cinema wasn't full. Of course, the early show time might be another reason.

I quite like the one by Wong Kar Wai. Among the 3 stories, it was relatively easier to understand. But it was a bit like In the Mood for Love (花样年华). With the background of the characters, Gong Li and Zhang Zhen are good choices. I did think about what th movie would be like if, say, Maggie Cheung replaced Gong Li. How about if Tony Leung or Leslie Chueng replaces Zhang Zhen? But I do think that Tony Leung might not be a good choice. The ordinary man Tailor Mr. Jin was very good too.

The other two stories were hard to swallow. The second one was funny but I couldn't appreciate what it tries to say. Of course, these two parts could be much better if I could see more eyecatching gals in the movie.

An article on the movie can be found here => http://www.tecinese.com/index.php?p=392
(of course, it does not necessarily represent my view)


No comments: