Monday, June 13, 2005

Blood Donation

Last week when I knew that there would be blood donation today, I asked G to go together after having lunch.

She was ahead of me and she did it very quickly.

To me, it's a small disaster.

First, the guy worked on my right hand and then he asked another colleague after he found problem. Apparently, as I heard, the needle moved, I would get a gore(淤血, not sure if it's the right technical term) for sure, and the blood flew very slowly. The lady suggested to stop it altogether as it would take a long while to finish the process and I suspect the gore would become very widespread because of the long process. She cleared the stuffs from my right hand and tied it tightly with bandage.

She then tried my left hand. She said it should be ok this time. It wasn't too slow and it's comparable to other people. Eventually it's done and I moved on. She smiled and said that I shouldn't use my right hand instead of left to lift things as my right hand will develop a gore anyway...

And I learned 6/14 (tomorrow) is the World Blood Donor Day...

No comments: