Friday, June 17, 2005

S2 IS

Finally, I bought my next DC. It is a Canon PowerShot S2 IS:



It was announced in April 2005 and the stocks have just been available in retail shops.

Canon's RRP is HK$4,280.

Broadway sells at the same price with a 256MB SD card. One or two shops offered a non-Canon bag.
Fortress also uses the same price with a 128MB SD card.

Chinese Club (华人会) offers HK$3,770. The bundle price with an EagleTec 1GB SD Card is HK$4,300. The list price of SD card is HK$680. A and I got a toy each.

We found that other stuffs in Chinese Club are not particularly cheap. We got a Sanyo charger (with 4x2500 NiMh batteries) and an extra pack of 4x2500 batteries at HK$296. The store (Leading AV Centre, 领先) didn't offer any discount even we bought two sets.

I still need to get a camera bag. I called Canon and they said the bags are available at their showroom at HK$100 each. They used to offer a free 3-hr class and now it costs HK$150. Last time I attended the class after I bought an S45 and they did provide a list of discounted items. But I don't think I will spend the HK$150 and I can't wait that long. I am going to make a visit and buy a bag at their showroom in Hunghom.

No comments: