Sunday, July 17, 2005

闲在心头

I have been living a primitive life since I moved away from my old nest in 1994. Time flies. I have been staying in my place for more than 10 years. Many things happened in 1994. My mother was very sick and managed to recover. I went to D.C. for 2 months for training during that period. Prior to that, I bought my apartment at the peak of the market, right before it collapsed.

Unlike people from a better background, I inherited the simple way and immaterialistic lifestyle. I intentionally avoided buying a television and I lived happily without it for 4 years. In 1998, I decided to buy one in order to watch the World Cup. I didn't realize until then that television production was no longer made on a planned basis. I needed to wait for a week to get my TV given that it's just an ordinary model.

I always joke and tell people that I don't have a home. I don't have one, indeed. It's more like a place where I sleep and live. I don't know why. The old nest can be called my home, in the past tense. I own my place, live there, and yet I don't feel like having one. My hypothesis is that I won't have one. This probably can't be proved right or wrong until I disappear.

I however enjoy having chinese tea at home. It drew my interests when I worked on a project in 2001 in BJ. My ex-manager and friend told me bits about chinese tea in various occasions and my interests have mounted up since then.

林行止有一著作叫《闲在心头》,内有不同奇怪有趣的题目,要达到闲的景界实在不容易。

No comments: