Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Disaster

Sometimes you can't work against the force of nature.

This morning I heard a big noise while I was sleeping and as usual, I just ignored.

When I woke up, I found that a pile of books and magazines on the table collapsed. They just fell on the table and moved all the things already on the table. It's a magic that it didn't break too many things. My eyeglasses were lucky enough to be moved on top of another object. My glass, with some water inside, fell on the floor and it didn't break.

However, when I looked at my ThinkPad, I found the books fell on top of it and it broke the LCD. I turned on the machine and it's confirmed dead.

I was very upset that I just repaired the LCD yesterday and it was broken by accident within 24 hours. It would have caused several thousands of dollars to replace it as it's not covered by warranty. Of course, I don't need to pay as an XXX employee but I still think it's strange to go back to repair center within 24 hrs and reported that the LCD is broken.

Anyway that's what I did. I got back my ThinkPad now. This article was posted at Repair Center...

No comments: