Saturday, November 12, 2005

Big Bet

After having dinner at 罗富记, I met P at the favorite German bar in Lan Kwai Fang. In fact, he's the one introducing me the place a few years ago and later I brought quite a lot of friends and colleagues there. It wasn't as crowded as I thought. There were only a few gals that would catch your attention. I have given up alochol for a while (well... around 3 weeks) and just ordered sparking water.



P will have a leisure tour to Japan with beloved next week and I needed to pass him some stuffs for the trip. His loved one changed job a while ago and it's the first time she can take a leave. I heard that she is still not happy about the new work location which is farther away from where she lives and where she used to work. Proximity may be its down side but the new job offers her more money, much shorter work hours, less office politics, more friendly colleagues, and particularly the freedom to do anything on Saturdays. I think all these compensate well the need to commute. In fact, she can spend more time at home even the travelling time is longer.

Now back to P. Very seriously he asked me place a big bet for him. It's a really a big bet. Of course, for privacy reasons, I won't tell what he will bet on and how much it is. But it is a big bet. On the other hand, as an amateur, we don't need to bet on every game, nor every time. This is his personal choice though. As an adult, he has every right to take risk, as long as he is happy about the gain and not unhappy about the loss arising.

No comments: