Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Obituary

A friend of mine passed away on November 24, 2003.

One night in Beijing, I got a missed call from Hong Kong. Later I learned that her niece called the numbers stored in her mobile phone. My number was one of them. I learned this from another friend a few days later.

I just looked up my date book. I had high tea with 2 friends in Grand Hyatt on June 3, 2001 and saw her by chance, together with another friend that I knew.

In terms of "formal" gathering, the last entry in the date book is March 28, 2001. We had Shanghai food in Causewaybay (Lu Lu) with two other friends.

The entry prior to that was on July 26 in year 2000. 5 of us met and had dinner in my favorite Chiu Chow restaurant in Causewaybay (Pak Lok).

And it's a long time ago. I first met her in 1994. It was a weekend and I was working in the office (in Central at that time). She asked to use my terminal (yes, terminal, not PC) to check e-mail (Office/VM).

Where were you and what were you doing in 1994 and 2003?

No comments: