Saturday, December 24, 2005

The unbearable heaviness of being

It is now 3am+ and I am still very awake. The bottle of coke light may have a contribution but there were several sleepless nights in the past few weeks.

One of my friends had a major accident a few months ago and almost died. She is going through the recovery journey. It's a major blow to her and her career. Recently she needed to count on her uncle for very basic things such as shelter and her uncle passed away on Tuesday. Two days later she told me that one of her sisters passed away in the morning due to cancer. Apparently bad luck keeps happening to her. I hope it's the end of the misfortune and she has all the strength and courge to overcome this sorrowful moment.

This may not be a desirable story to tell and hear on Christmas Eve but I am really grateful about what I have, and what I don't have.

No comments: