Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Hopeless (2)

I had an appointment to get my 3G phone at late night. When I went to their Sheung Wan office, it was pretty empty and I was asked to wait as someone ahead was doing the registration. When it came to my turn, I was asked to present my ID card and credit card.

I then was told that the card was about to expire and they required one with expiry date beyond 3 months. They suggested me to:
1/ call my bank to get a new card, or
2/ use a 3rd person credit card.

I told them that I didn't bring my other cards and they didn't need to tell me how to get a new card. And I went there alone and how come I got a 3rd person creidt card?! I was pretty upset as I think it's their procedure (and/or program) posts this requirement. In their e-mail communication, they did talk about personal ID and credit card but didn't mention the expiry date. Anyway I was angry but I didn't think they could resolve nor help. I just told them that they should have communicated to customers more clearly. But I am pretty sure that they won't do anything.

Anyway the current plan is to go there tomorrow... They said that no appointment is required. Let's see if there will be other surprises...

** quote **
PCCW mobile "3G Trial" appointment notification

Thank you for applying to join the PCCW mobile"3G Trial". We are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved.

Please bring this appointment notification, your original HKID card and a valid credit card to the designated Customer Care Center, in person, to collect a 3G handset and enjoy 3G mobile service for six months free of charge. Please attend the Customer Care Center on the date and time specified below to avoid unnecessary inconvenience.

...

** unquote **

No comments: