Wednesday, February 01, 2006

New Toy

Got the 3G pack from PCCW.



As a toy, the 6-month trial package is quite attractive. For new mobile number (i.e. not transferring from another operator):

+ 3,000 min free local airtime each for intra- and inter-network (extra $1/min)
+ Unlimited local intra-network (including Sunday) SMS (@$0.8 for inter-network)
+ Unlimited local intra-network MMS (@2.0 for inter-network)
+ Unlimited local intra-network video call (@$1/min for inter-network)
+ Unlimited TVB channel browsing
+ Unlimited PCCW mobile WAP pages browsing
+ Free voice mail, call forwarding, etc.
+ IDD service (fee) using 0060, with 30 min free per month in coming 2 months
+ No deposit fee for International & China Roaming (well... same for other operators with bills settled via credit card)


The maximum exposure is thus the Huawei mobile phone (damage/loss at HK$1,500) if I decide not to continue the service after the 6-month period.

I am still encouraging my buddies to try try. Register => http://ww.pccwmobile.com/

Remarks:

1/ Tiger asked the fee schedule for browsing non-PCCW web pages. I didn't ask the question. But looks like it charges by bytes transferred. Not sure though. No pressing need for me.

2/ In theory, you can send e-mail using the handset but you need to have a mail account that supports POP/IMAP. I think I got one with my broadband operator. Will try later.

3/ I got 3,000 min free airtlime for intra-network. But then I should use video call (as much as possible as it is free) if the other party is using the same trial service.

4/ No choice of mobile number is allowed. I didn't pick (and I don't care too much) but my number looked good. You might want to ask if this bothers you.

No comments: