Monday, April 10, 2006

Goodbye!

At noon I joined a memorial service to say goodbye to the mom of my friend. We all shared the sorrow.

It's the first time of joining a service of christian style which was very different from what I experienced. In general, it was more peaceful for the beginning of an end, and the beginning of a beginning.

I wasn't sure when my first attempt was but I believed it should be my grandpa's service in 1981. I could vaguely recall what happened and I only knew that my parents, elder sis and relatives were very sad. I am not sure if I was very sad but it shouldn't be the case if I have such a doubt. In any case, the degree of sadness varied depending on who the person was, at what age and for what reason he/she left the world.

As I said earlier in this blog, it is a fair game that everyone needs to face the last mile. Let's see we can do something before the roll call. As my friend said, we always assume that we have a tomorrow. Sometimes we just take the present for granted.






P.S. I have stopped (yes, stopped) eating sweet stuffs since my dietary program in mid-October. It was the very first time I tasted. It's quite good... (in fact, I took 2)

No comments: