Friday, April 14, 2006

Primary School

The pic was taken from my parents' place. The one marked in red was my primary school. The one in green is it's close neighbour. We used to have two playgrounds.

Then one day I found that construction work started to extend the campus. I wasn't sure about the reason because the estate has been in the state of revamp (demolihshing & building) and many families moved out of the area. It's hard to believe that our administrators are far sighted enough to cater for new population moving back after the re-construction.

I couldn't recall the details in those days. I knew that my parents gave me 60 cents to spend every school day (not sure how it varied across the 6 years) and usually I spent 40 cents on breakfast and 20 cents on snacks if any. 40 cents could get me 2 noodles which were good enough for breakfast. Its taste was further enhanced if I asked for curry sauce or beef sauce (腩汁).

No comments: