Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Disappointing lunch

We were supposed to have a surprise lunch with our big sister but she had an appointment with another colleague, because her calendar didn't have ours. Having said that the gang decided to go ahead with a lunch. K preferred western and I proposed Ruby Tuesday.

I haven't been there for a while. A few weeks ago I read that they got a new menu and so it's the first time to see what's new. It was quite a disappointing encounter. A quick comparison:


Before After
Price Range Used to have 3 price levels. Comparable. Different sets at different price. My favorite was rib eye steak (7 oz), still priced at HK$108.
Choices Can't recall the exact choices. Should be comparable.
Appertizer Soup of the day Soup of the day or house salad (which is a better choice to me), coming with bread (again better).

However, the soup is of tiny portion. It's quite interesting to see how small it is as compared with the bowl they use to serve. We did ask. The waiter claimed that the portion remains the same and it's only the container that gets bigger. Believe it or not...

The waiter asked us to write the feedback form if needed.
Drink Standard drinks with free refill. Standard drinks with no refill. Well... the menu says HK$10 for refill. Not sure if it's the 1st refill or all refills. Very disappointing, especially if it's about cheap cheap stuffs like iced tea.
Side Disk Different sets got different sides. Had some flexibility to change. Change in side dish costs HK$10. I didn't want to have fries and so I changed it to rice.

We didn't look at the details. K ordered chicken coming with rice, but she didn't prefer rice. So in theory, it could have been free if we just swapped our sides...
Dessert Can't recall exactly. I think they came with ice-cream (no choice). Nil

The gang spent some time filling the feedback form. Needed to use the reverse side...

My conclusion is that I probably won't visit the restaurant again, at least not for lunch... And will tell my friends to boycott.

Special Lunch Set


My Choice


For 3


Gang of 4
(heard that the spaghetti was "tasteless", and fries too salty; cute burgers though)


Our Response

No comments: