Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a day!

it's an extraordinary sunday

went to shenzhen to bai shan (拜山)

went back home at round 2pm (not too bad, as i did wander in wanchai)

and then...

i forgot to bring my keys when i went out to retrieve my laundry

three choices

(1) ask someone to open the door for me

(2) just ignore it and went back to old nest that keeps a copy of my keys

(3) go back to old nest, get my keys, and then go back to old nest for
dinner

i chose #1

the guard (well... i suspect he's not a guard officially) called and the
quote was hk$250

i thought it's too expensive

so i went down to water street and beyond

and tried the store last time

hk$200

i took it, without bargaining (should be the same price as previous time)

and i saw the guy in 30 minutes

not too bad

i asked him why to bring lots of stuffs

i was quite naive

i thought he came for my request only

apparently not...

he said he didnt have lunch yet (3pm+) as there were lots of orders

and he mentioned a few

like a foreigner made a lot of noise who locked his kid in the apartment (!)

and more...

i verified that it's more busy over the weekends

he said usually fridays and saturdays are peaks

and there are less orders on sundays

however, there's a special event in lan kwai fong

and he said, there were many orders at night

especially some were just drunk

anyway, he took less than 5 minutes (well... 2 minutes, i think) to open
my door

price per minute-wise seems high

but i am ok to pay him

given immediate access to my place... :D

i should seriously consider to place keys at people around me

like

my brother, jrpy, tiger, ming, etc.... :)

No comments: