Monday, December 03, 2007

Repair

Recently I found that the flash of my Nikon D80 doesn't work. It just doesn't "jump" up when needed. It's reaching the end of warranty and so I brought it to the repair center in TKS today.

The girl brought the camera inside and later she told me that it's not mechanical problem, as they found something "sticky". Then I noticed some stains left on the body, which are mild but visible. Not sure when it happened as strictly speaking I have been using it quite carefully. Anyway, in theory, it should work ok.

And then she offered to refresh the firmware, which's free given that it's still within warranty. So I just left it there and picked up after work. But then I was told that the firmware upgrade has minor changes that they seemed not bother to tell (or they really got nothing to tell).

No comments: