Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sunday

2008.02.03
This morning I got up early (well... especially on a cold sunday
morning) to have a breakfast appointment in central and wandered a while
after that. By chance, I saw TL around the escalator. He was rushing
to City Hall to get a table for lunch with the 1st lady. He asked me to
join but I think I shouldn't spoil their sunday lunch encounter... :)

I went to lian xiang and see if I can get a seat for tea (well... more
for tea, reading rather than food) and there were lots of people.
Causewaybay was my next destination for taking photos of the new year
market, as well as snake soup.

Again, the snake shop opposite to e-house was all packed. They offered
me a seat near the entrance but I thought I might just come back later.

It's very sunny and warm when I reached the park. There were many
people but not too many people. I could still walk slowly and shoot
when I want. It's my first real attempt to use the Tamron 90mm macro
lens and I found it quite hard control exposure, dof, focus, etc. and
there are still a lot to learn. However, it's quite different to see
things under the macro lens. Objects are different, colors are
different and everything is not the same. I start to like it very
much... :)

It was 3pm+ when I finished and so I walked back to the snake shop. I
saw a small (just a small one) crowd outside the japanese restaurant
opposite to WTC. I gave myself a luck test (single person) and the guy
asked me to go in right away. Food was ok and I consumed 10 dishes...
Well... it's overdosage by a wide margin...:)

Before heading back to the old nest, there was some spare time and so
Kowloon Bay was a natural choice. Again, lots of people. I was
thinking of getting a coffee (and seat) in Starbucks but it's just
packed. I gave up again.

My day ended with a light and early dinner at the old nest. My mom
hurried to leave as it's cold... :)

I was thinking of LKF to have a look (well... Ming polled me in the
afternoon but I wasn't around) but I jumped into a minibus to HK West.
So I didn't even need to think where to go... :) So I just went back home.

In between, in To Kwa Wan, my minibus ran very fast but suddenly it
slowed down. Apparently there was an accident at the opposite lane and
I heard that a private car hit a person. I didn't know the details but
there was a serious traffic jam on the other side.

Well... it's 10:46pm now. Pershaps I should sleep early as I need to
pick up a fly-in from the grand hotel in north point at 8:30am... In
fact, it's quite risky as I am not sure if I manage to get up or not...


--
<posted via Mozilla Thunderbird>

No comments: