Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Canon EOS 5D mark II sample video : One night in Beijing."

"Video filmed by Guardian photographer Dan Chung entirely on a production Canon EOS5DmkII and adapted Nikon and Zeiss lenses using manual focus. The camera was purchased to use solely as a video camera with existing Nikon kit.

The film was shot an edited in about twelve hours directly after picking the camera up from a Beijing camera store and charging the battery."


http://www.digitalpixels.net/2008/11/photo-gear/canon-eos-5d-mark-ii-sample-video-one-night-in-beijing/

____________________


I've heard from several people asking why bother, when Nikon and Canon announced their new DSLRs with video recording capability.  I hold a different opinion.  Just imagine you can use very wide (say, my 20mm or my colleague's 17mm?) or fisheye lenses to shoot video, or using very long one like 300mm for various effects.  These could be done hardly with today's videocam (or only very expensively).  I truly believe this is an innovation.  But I don't think it's something new though.  It's just a feature held up by those vendors.  Just like my Canon S2 IS, the photo quality is so so, but the color processing and video recording capability are really really great.


世界是会进步的



No comments: