Sunday, February 27, 2005

Not a good day...




Apparently it's not a good day for me. In fact, it was quite bad.

I was taking an early flight (9:30am) to BJ this morning. The taxi driver called me and said he would be late by 5 min because of traffic arrangement for the marathon event. I didn't recall that the event was held today. I saw quite many people while going from HK to Kowloon.

Now comes the real stories.

1) The bets didn't go right last night. Arsenal drew! Barcelona drew!! RealM lost!!! What else can I say?

2) I was stopped by the security people at the airport. Apparently I forgot to check in my stuffs like mutli-purpose knife (I bought in NZ several years ago) etc. It was my first overseas trip after the long break and I completely forgot what I had in my baggage and didn't check in. It's quite uncommon as I have been always conscious about minimizing my time for baggage handling, passport & security check etc.

3) All passengers got on the plane and we were ready to go as planned (9:30am). However, there was unusual noise as if they were testing some mechanical parts like engine or door. There were several announcements about the problem and delay with the hope that it could be fixed soon. Eventually, after an hours, we were asked to switch plane!!!

Apparently all people took another plane and it was not a merge with the next flight. I wondered if they put me on the plane for the next flight and then directed the passengers of the next flight to my original plane. Anyway it took off at around 11:30am.

Finally, I got my breakfast at 12:30pm!

I couldn't find a room in the hotels near the office and I booked one in one that is quite far away. At BJ airport, I called the hotels again (6 of them). I finally got a room in the 7th (Kun Lun). I haven't stayed there before and I thought I could try.

I would then need to pick up my left luggage at Sheraton, my laundry at Kempinski and then go to Kun Lun.

No comments: