Sunday, May 08, 2005

Dinner

We had a big gathering at my parents' place tonight. My sisters, my brother, their kids (and their maids!) came for dinner gathering. Unlike my mother's common practice, she didn't make too much food, which is good.

We had good soup, some veg dishes,
+ some roast pork from my younger sister
+ sushi from my elder sister's kids (no raw fish, which sounds safer...)
+ a very big and good fish from my sister-in-law and some weird dessert
+ a handmade cheese cake from my brother (!)
+ a mango pudding from my elder sister

My elder sister also brought a cake that we didn't even bother to open.

I skipped the desserts but I must say it was quite funny.

As ususal, my brother gave me a ride to my place. I went back home and when I was about to open the main door of my building, I saw a familiar figure. It was a guy, with a lady and a kid waiting at the opposite side for a taxi. We used to be in the same mini-hall and I didn't keep in touch with them too often. Time flies. Their boy has grown up a lot.

No comments: