Monday, August 29, 2005

Hunan

After having lunch at DTF, I walked along Huai Hai Lu, visited a bookstore and bought a pair of shoes for work (as I forgot to bring...)

I then walked back to the hotel. I have been staying there for many nights and yet I haven't got a chance to try the pool. I then went there. I used to do some mild exercise in Wanchai a few years back and I didn't continue afterwards. I wasn't sure the habbit was broken by SARS in 2003.

Anyway it has been a long time since I last swam. The pool is small but it's ok as there weren't other people, apart from 2 kids in their own pool.

I just lied on the bed after having a shower in my room. It was a very good rest, in fact. I haven't had afternoon nap on a bed for a long time. It's so enjoyable. I got up at 6pm and felt hungry. So I went out for dinner. I was thinking about shanghai versus hunan and I chose the latter.

It is a very good one next to Okura Garden Hotel. Being adventurous, I went there the first time in 2001 when I first seriously worked in Shanghai. I went there with other friends and colleagues a couple of times afterwards. It wasn't crowded as expected.

I had:
- beer
- 鲈鱼
- 鸡翅
- 豆苗
- 饭
- 南瓜饼

All dishes except chicken wing were emptied!



My next stop was the Bund.

No comments: