Monday, February 06, 2006

3G Trial







Source of Ad: http://www.pccwmobile.com/

Apparently PCCW's network (Sunday's) doesn't reach the lift shaft in my building. This is not an issue to me as I used to have the same problem with CSL.

But then my cell phone failed two times with a pattern emerging. After I entered the lift, if I used some functions that require the network (e.g. calll, call forwarding, etc.), the cell phone recognized that there's no network and the functions failed. After I left the lift, the phone could not connect to the network again (network search = auto). I got the problem last night and it didn't help by switching on and off. This morning the phone could connect again when I went out.

I tried again this afternoon and it failed to connect again. It could receive call but could not make call (nor other 3G functions).

This afternoon I called their customer service and I was asked to set network search to manual. It worked!

I then asked if the cell phone will switch to a 2G network if the 3G one couldn't cover, etc. but I didn't get a proper answer. I was sure which party failed to understand the other.

It is working now. Perhaps I will try again tomorrow...

No comments: