Sunday, May 07, 2006

Union Bar

My original plan was to cook at home. But it was sunny outside and I found myself a good reason to eat outside, light. Union Bar at IFC was my pick.


There weren't many people and I asked for a non-smoking desk for one. I was led to the tables just beside the bar. I didn't like it as I thought it's just next to the smoking area. However, there were only a few customers and nobody smoked. So I chose not to complain until needed.

I always wanted to try their brunch but I found a few items that I shouldn't take. My final choice was a salad with steak (with sauce made of red wine & vinegar).



I was given a piece (a half-piece, to be exact) of bread and it's quite delicious. I finished it quickly. When the salad came, I asked for another piece of bread. I must say that the salad (and steak) was good. I finished the lunch with coffee (free refill). The only thing I didn't like was that the waiter didn't clean my table after taking away the dishes. It's not obvious for tables with white paper cloth but it's very obvious for the wooden ones without table cloth. Anyway I didn't ask nor I didn't clean them.

I spent almost 2 hours there and had altogether 3 cups of coffee. I enjoyed the relatively quiet and comfortable environment. Perhaps I will visit more in the future.

It wasn't cheap though. The salad ("full" portion) costs HK$145 and coffee HK$28, plus 10% service charge (altogether HK$190.3).

Some more pics:

No comments: