Monday, July 23, 2007

Brief trip

2007.07.20

We got a special guest from the worldwide team in town. It's the 2nd week of his 4-week trip and he came to HK on Sun, went to BJ on Wed nite and came back to HK on Thu nite per my request. His flight landed at 1am (well... that's the planned arrival and I wasn't sure about the actual). He only got an hour sleep before meeting me at 9am in the office.

We arranged a short meeting before noon and headed back to Macau for a customer call. It turned out that we were running out of time even giving 4 hrs in between.

The day ended with a short tour in HK and between Portguese and Chinese, he picked the former for dinner. I obviously picked by favorite restaurant.

First thing we ordered was beer, very cold beer before anything else which seemed unimportant. We ordered two appertizers - sausage & chicken giblet and the waitress kept on asking me if we were really meant to order chicken giblet. I said yes and in fact it's picked by my guest. Apparently he liked it. The rest were the famous (well... popular?) duck plate and steamed veg. I like steamed veg pretty much but many people I brought there incl. this gentleman think it's so so... Well... I think it's matter of taste (or my lack of it... smile).

We went to the ferry terminal at around 9pm and the next available ticket left at 10:45pm. We tooked the more expensive ones leaving at 9:30pm. Not bad... It must be around midnight by the time he reached the hotel in the airport.

P.S. I saw quite many colleagues in Sheung Wan as they took the 9:30pm ferry back from Zhuhai.
P.S. KL took the afternoon off and went to Macau for very very very very big rice tea at night. Quite interested to know what she got.


No comments: