Friday, December 12, 2008

Je mange, donc je existent


I had very little rest time on Tue & Wed and got a very bad headache after meetings yesterday (Thu).

Managed to go to bed on 12:30am+ and got up at 8:30am... :)

It was around 10am+ when I reached QB and I thought I ought to have a big breakfast today, at McD, despite a grand dinner with ES tonite.

I walked back office at 10:30am+ and a colleague told me not to go up as a scheduled fire drill was upcming.

I completely forgot.

So I went to "ready to eat" to have another coffee and saw some colleagues there.

I went back to my desk at 11:15am+.

And Tiger appeared and he was looking for someone.

We talked about a couple of things, incl. repair at CWB, etc.

I didn't plan to join him for lunch as I was full.

It's now around 2:20pm and I feel hungry.

Sometimes we need some feelings to remind ourselves that we exist.

Pain and hunger could be good candidates.

Of course, if one could derive that I think, therefore I exist, then the person could elevate the self-assurance of existence to a level that few like Descartes can reach. I am not there yet, and I will never be.

Having said that, I am looking forward to a quick bite, before leaving for work, having big dinner, and possibly enjoying an ordinary weekend.

Going out now...

I eat, therefore I exist.

No comments: