Friday, March 25, 2005

Holiday

Easter Holiday came early this year which brought us a long weekend from 3/25 to 3/28. Holiday break to me is always welcome.

Perhaps I am still enjoying the honeynoon period for my new job. I didn't plan to work over the long holiday, even though I think I am a bit behind the expected progress of picking up the new job. But somehow I do enjoy the feeling of starting something new.

I planned to join my friend P, his wife N and her friend R to Clifford (祁福新村), leaving at 3pm from TST.

Prior to that, I arranged to have a dimsum lunch with my parents. My common practice is to have dinner with my parents and possibly my brother and/or sisters over the weekend. It had been a long time that I didn't have lunch with my parents, whether at home or outside.

It was a quick one but I enjoyed the brief gathering. Somehow I re-discovered that they are very old. Both of them were less agile than they used to be.



At my age, I can still walk and run as I like. But my parents are just like mirror of my future with 3 possible exceptions:
(a) I am not sure if I will still survive at that age,
(b) I may not get married as my parents did, and
(c) I probably won't have children.

While the scene of a lonely old man may be frightening, I don't think I will be regret to be single and stay single if life needs to be. As P always thought I had opportunities that I didn't try hard enough, I wondered if those were false signs that clever man like myself would ever bother.

I always remember the fate of the character 华英雄 in the famous comic book 中华英雄: 无伴终老,孤独一生. Isn't it sad?

No comments: