Thursday, April 03, 2008

You cannot be a leader if there is no follower

"Leader" has been used in numerous way in the organization, as if one is
on a driver seat. The old school of thoughts was all about manging,
managers and the managed, etc. New world was about matrix organization,
virtual teaming, leading by influence, empowerment, etc. etc. etc.

But just like what I heard from an aussie colleague 10 years ago, "you
cannot be a leader if there is no follower". The statement was made
when I had a drink with some aussie colleagues. A colleague
(non-aussie) said it's an invention and oz was a leader in using plastic
money notes. An assuie colleague just made the comment, and we all laughed.

Yesterday, two colleagues were chatting after lunch around my desk and
they somehow said something about "leader". I just made the remark. On
second thought, I hope I didn't confuse them and gave them an impression
that I was talking about them (be it on the leader or th follower
side). But I think the stmt is so true... :)

To all sort of Leaders...

Have fun!!!

(...ding! ding! ding! got a st msg from TC...)

No comments: