Thursday, November 30, 2006

Unlimited desires @ limited resources

JT came back to HK on Tue night for a 4-week vacation.
He had the luck to visit Pantry today (Wed).
It was very tempting to join him but my schedule didn't allow.

Left office early today and "took" him to hotpot in Wanchai.

It was a restaurant at Jaffe Road that I haven't visited for quite a while.
I used to go there quite a lot with JRPY.
It's different, newly decorated, with a different name.
It must be different.

JT & I ordered quite a few dishes

- 醉鸡锅
- 肥牛 (so so)
- 鱼片1
- 水饺/云吞
- 菇/菇
- 墨鱼滑
- 虾
- 鱼片2
- 青岛纯生6小瓶 (i forgot, for a total of HK$10 or HK$20)

The dinner costed HK$220 for two. Quite reasonable.

We were thinking of ordering sticky rice but decided that we had enough food. I assured him that I used to eat & drink less... It's just an exception to host him... :P

We then had a walk to look at some DCs. In fact, I am thinking very seriously of getting a Canon 400D or 30D. The price differential is around HK$4K (body+lens, 6K+ vs. 11K+). It's probably a good x'mas present for myself... :)

Strictly speaking, from a build & function standpoint, 30D will be a more desirable one althought it's more expensive. But 400D is a newer member and has more comprehensive features to avoid and clean dust.

Still thinking, very deeply...

Later JRPY told me that he had dinner with his buddies. He met the couple when he had further study in the down under. Apparently he enjoyed the thousand-year eggs very much, more than the roast duck at yung kee in central. It's quite surprising that many people asked to have bbq. There is 1 outstanding for JRPY and the First Lady. Now the couple were suggesting the same. Shall we do it together?

No comments: